Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Bring Me Their Hearts by Sara Wolf

5 Stars!

Thank you to Entangled Publishing and NetGalley for the ARC!

“I am no flower to be ravaged at your whim, angry wolf—I am your hunter, bow cocked and ready.”
              Wow this was so much more than I was expecting! It was so original, dark, and yet still incredibly fun and humorous. I loved how Zera’s internal struggles were showcased, making her connection to the reader in me practically instantaneous. The plot continued to surprise me and I loved it!
              Zera is Heartless--literally. Her heart was removed and placed in a jar by a witch, making her an immortal slave with a dark hunger for flesh. Finally, after three years of being a monster, the witch offers her a chance at freedom, not only for herself but also for the two younger children enslaved with her. All she has to do is win the heart of the Crown Prince... and then take it from his chest and put it in a jar to replace hers on the witch's shelf. Zera thinks this will be easy, what's the life of one arrogant and selfish noble in exchange for three lives regained? Then she meets Prince Lucian and finds he is so much more than she first thought. He may appear cold and harsh, but he's also brave, wise, dedicated to his people, and devastatingly handsome to boot. With only two weeks to complete her task without getting caught, it turns out navigating the ridiculous customs of court will be the least of her troubles.
              One thing’s for sure, Sara Wolf sure knows how to construct a strong and witty heroine! I couldn’t get enough of her verbal (and literal) sparring with Prince Lucian. They work well together, and I really liked how their relationship developed. One of the other aspects I loved is how “secondary” characters such as Lady Y’shennria and Malachite weren’t just there to help move the plot, they also had complex backstories and really added something great to the story. Don’t just Bring Me Their Hearts, bring me the sequel!


No comments:

Post a Comment