Translate

Friday, January 17, 2014

Providence (Providence #1) by Jamie McGuire



4 stars!
Summary via Goodreads:


Struggling with her father's death, Nina meets Jared Ryel, presumably by chance. However it soon becomes clear that he knows more about her than even close friends. When her father's former associates begin following her in the dark, Nina learns that her father was not the man she thought he was, but a thief who stole from demons. In searching for the truth behind her father's death, she stumbles upon something she never expected, and something Hell wants, that only she holds the key for. Jared risks everything to keep the women he was born to save, by sharing the secret he was sworn to protect.
Review:
“We have to make it through the nightmare to get our miracle.”



            I read Jamie McGuire’s Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster sometime last year and I completely fell in love them! When I heard she was writing a book about guardian angels, I decided that Providence would be right up my alley. I have to admit that my expectations for this book may have been a bit too high considering how much I’d loved her other books, but I was a little disappointed.
            
           The story line was good and the romance was great, but, as a whole, it felt a bit unbalanced. With books centering around the “paranormal”, there needs to be a level of balance along with some give between the romance and the supernatural. In Providence, that aspect just isn’t really there, it was more of a full on romance with an occasional, “Oh and don’t forget angels and demons exist and want us dead.”
            
           Still, I generally liked it. Jared is perfect and adorable and it’s a good love story. I’m still going to read the sequel, Requiem. Hopefully, that one will fix the things that are off with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment